Re: Re: Add Node to Cluster:

Sorry, I thought you only wanted to add an additional node not
masters. You do not need external etcd for multiple nodes as the nodes
communicate with the master API. However you do need to use external
etcd, ideally a minimum of three instances, if you intend to run
multiple masters.

The reason your config is gone is because the embedded etcd stores its
data in /var/lib/openshift/openshift.local.etcd and the external etcd
instance that's deployed when you add hosts to the [etcd] group stores
its data in /var/lib/etcd. You could try stopping both the master and
etcd then copying the contents of
/var/lib/openshift/openshift.local.etcd/* to /var/lib/etcd/ then start
etcd and then the master. This isn't something that we've tested and
we don't currently support moving from single master to multi-master
nor moving from embedded etcd to external etcd (as you've done).