Re: OpenShift 3 Application Lifecycle Sample: Build of frontend fails

can you track down the builder container ("docker ps -a | grep origin-sti-builder") and see if you can run a "docker logs <containerid>" to get some details?

Also i'm not sure what you mean by this "When I'm trying a docker build (from s2I) it also fails with the same error.", s2i builds and docker builds are mutually exclusive (without getting into internal details and edge cases, anyway)