etcd on OpenShift Origin V3

I found this guide about etcd: https://github.com/openshift/origin/tree/master/examples/etcd
I was searching about etcd because I read it's a key-value store which contains your cluster configuration. It survives hardware failures so it's very interesting. But the issue is that I can't find something about etcd in my cluster (openshift V3 origin on centos7).
Isn't it there by default? You have to set it up manually?