Re: etcd on OpenShift Origin V3

Etcd is part of the openshift infrastructure, it is always used to store the openshift system state, so yes it is "there by default."

If you're asking about it being available to end users to run their own instances in a pod (eg like the Mongo or postgres images), no, openshift does not provide an image for that today.

Ben Parees | OpenShift