How do I access my applications from external system?

I have deployed an application in OpenShift Origin v3 and can access it on the same box using web browser like so: http://172.30.98.218:8080/

But if I want to access it from a different box how do I go about doing it?  I tried this command but didn't help:

  "oc expose service sample-node-app"

I have also deployed a router but don't fully understand how to use it.  I probably need to configure my router to acknowledge my services but I am not clear on how to do that (I thought oc expose would have taken care of that).  Maybe I am not sure what URL I should be using after my service is exposed - I tried using http:<<apphost>>:8080 from external browser but that didn't work.

Thx for any tip.