Kubernetes endpoints

Dear all,

my use case is as follows:

I got MariaDB galera cluster on each node I got Open Shift installed on (they are bare metals).

I've created endpoints such as this:

- apiVersion: v1
  kind: Endpoints
  metadata:
    name: mysql
  subsets:
   - addresses:
     - ip: 10.3.0.1
     ports:
     - port: 3306
   - addresses:
     - ip: 10.3.1.1
     ports:
     - port: 3306
   - addresses:
     - ip: 10.3.2.1
     ports:
     - port: 3306

And I got service which points to this endpoint.

My question is - Kubernetes doesn't have any kind of "HA proxy mode" so it can tell that any of nodes behind Endpoint is failing? So lets say I got 10.3.0.1 mysql service stopped and kubernetes round robins connection to this host so every third request on my webapp is failing?

This is what I've experienced in my setup.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this a standard behaviour so I have to deploy HA Proxy in between the endpoints and my MySQL database cluster?

Many thanks for advice.

David Strejc
t: +420734270131