Re: making deployment easier

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 4:07 PM, Ben Parees <bparees redhat com> wrote:

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 10:00 AM, Candide Kemmler <candide intrinsic world> wrote:

On 15 Apr 2016, at 10:41, Maciej Szulik <maszulik redhat com> wrote:

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 4:54 PM, Candide Kemmler <candide intrinsic world> wrote:
So I am now trying to "do it again", but it takes time as I'm really careful how I'm specifying things, so excuse my slowness to respond.

So I need to have both mysql and couchdb available for other services to boot up correctly. Hence in my template I have 5 objects for each:
- a persistent volume
- a persistent volume claim
- a deployment config
- a service and
- a route.

After executing my template, mysql is properly deployed while couchdb is not. The yamls for both services are however extremely similar.

Can you share the template and the error logs so we can help you?

Here's the template:

There is nothing specific about the logs. It's just that mysql gets deployed automatically and couchdb does not. What I need to know is how to enable a DeploymentConfig to get triggered automatically at instantiation time I guess.

$ oc set triggers dc/<NAME> --from-config

I can easily deploy couchdb manually but the rest of my template will fail because couchdb is a requirement...

Maciej

Ben Parees | OpenShift