Re: Wildfly with path-based routing

On Apr 16, 2016, at 4:42 AM, Lionel Orellana <lionelve gmail com> wrote:

Hi All,

I asked this in stackoverflow so apologies for "doubling up" but I'm not sure where are people more active.

I have Wildfly 10 running on Openshift Origin 3 in AWS with an elastic ip.

I setup a Route in Openshift to map / to the wildfly service. This is working fine. If I go to http://my.ip.address I get the WildFly welcome page.

But I have a couple of issues.

1) if I map a different path, say /wf01, it doesn't work. I get a 404 Not Found error.

My guess is the router is passing along the /wf01 to the service? If that's the case, can I stop it from doing it?

No, routes cannot remap paths (change /wf01 to /)

Otherwise how can I map http://my.ip.address/wf01 to my wildfly service?

One way is to set up a root redirect in wildfly from / to /wf01. You can also register a second route to another app that handles the base.

2) I also want the wildfly console to be accessible from outside (this is a demo server for my own use). I added "-bmanagement","0.0.0.0" to the deploymentconfig but looking at the wildfly logs it is still binding to 127.0.0.1:

02:55:41,483 INFO  [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread) WFLYSRV0051: Admin console listening on http://127.0.0.1:9990

Thanks for any help.

It's *possible* the -bmanagement flag is being ignored due to a mismatch between what the wildfly image expects and what you set in the DC, but I don't know for sure.

Lionel.