ansible masters&nodes

I'm a bit confused about how to configure masters & nodes in ansible hosts:

I have a master @ paas.example.com and a node at node1.example.com

I want my apps to be accessible from the outside world @ apps.example.com

Is it correct to assume that node1.example.com will never be exposed by openshift routes to the outside world?

So I have the following relevant information in ansible hosts:

[OSEv3:children]
masters
nodes

# Set variables common for all OSEv3 hosts
[OSEv3:vars]

# default subdomain to use for exposed routes
osm_default_subdomain="apps.example.com"

[...]

# host group for masters
[masters]
paas.example.com openshift_hostname=paas.example.com openshift_public_hostname=paas.example.com

# host group for nodes
[nodes]
node1.example.com openshift_hostname=node1.example.com openshift_public_hostname=node1.example.com

Is it correct?