keep internal docker registry in sync with docker hub

I have started deploying docker images instead of using the sti pipeline (too demanding resource-wise)

I push my docker containers to the docker up. By simply referencing an image with a tag (e.g 'latest') in my deployment config, I am able to deploy my microservices. Now I need to keep them up-to-date.

I saw that it is possible to reference a third party registry. However, doing that I get an "Image pull back off" error. I can't reproduce the message but at some point I think I saw something about "Authentication".

Is it btw possible to push directly from my laptop to Origin's internal docker registry? I tried a few things but wasn't successful.