Only the previous 1000 log lines and new log messages will be displayed because of the large log size.

My webconsole is showing the following warning when I'm looking for the logs of a pod:
Only the previous 1000 log lines and new log messages will be displayed because of the large log size.

I'm afraid the logsize will be huge?
This is for a tomcat-container which isn't using persistent storage (it's hosting a web service which is showing logs after being triggered). Okay it's ephemeral so the logs will be gone when I delete the container (but normally this container never goes down).
So the amount of saved logs will be huge. Is the container saving (ephemeral) the logs for some max amount of time?