strange behaviour of Pushing image...

I noticed this not knowing what to think of it:

I have a few pods that I'm deploying concurrently.
As I said, pushing to the local repository takes typically between 1 and 5 minutes, which is extremely slow I think.

What's disturbing is that sometimes the deployer will not wait until the image is pushed and will immediately create the pod, which will be rolling upgraded when the push finally succeedes. But it isn't always the case, and other times, no pod is created until the image is completely pushed...