Re: speed up pushes to local registry

...now even with a 100Gb dedicated SSD, it doesn't seem to go a whole lot faster :(

So I found out that the only really fast way to deploy on Openshift is to point to an external registry. But it takes time to upload to a docker repo in the first place so that only displaces the problem.

I had thought that using a docker build with precompiled binaries (/jars) downloaded from a maven repo, using wget in the Dockerfile, would speed up things a lot compared to a source-to-image strategy. Things do happen faster but not a whole lot, mainly due to the considerable amount of time needed to push to the registry (up to 20 minutes! – generally more in the 2 to 5 minutes).