Re: No external access inside container

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 11:07 PM, Lionel Orellana <lionelve gmail com> wrote:
Hello

I ran a cluster with oc cluster up and deployed Jenkins from the provided template. I can acces Jenkins and login. But I need to setup our company proxy so Jenkins can access external sites (eg. Github.com).

From within the container (oc rsh jenkins-5-xg14g) curl fails to connect to github.com. From the host it connects fine. I ran these commands to try add the proxy settings to the container:

oc env dc/jenkins HTTPS_PROXY=server:port
oc env dc/jenkins HTTP_PROXY=server:port

The container was redeployed and I can see the new env vars in the console. But still can't access the internet.

​if you oc rsh into the container and poke around, can you get external access?  (after setting proxy env variables within your rsh session to ensure they are available)

note that there are a couple ways to configure a proxy for curl:

also there's some lack of consistency on what is supported in terms of HTTP_PROXY because http_proxy is the standard so you might try setting your env variables with lower case.

oc get hostsubnet returns nothing.

Versions:
oc v1.3.0-alpha.2
Docker 1.10.3