Recreate strategy optimization

Hi,

I have noticed something that could be optimized in recreate strategy: During a deploy, Openshift will set the current running replicas to zero, and then pull the new image, and eventually starts it.
The problem is, sometimes, the pull can very (very) long, and during that period, the pods are unavailable. I would be more efficient to start pulling the image, and IF the image is pulled successfully, start to touch replicas.
What do you think?

Thanks,
Philippe