Jenkins Server Autoprovisioning is being temporarily disabled

Currently if you define a pipeline buildconfig, OpenShift will automatically deploy a jenkins server (and associated resources) in your project for executing the pipeline your buildconfig defines.

We are disabling
​ ​
that as default behavior for now for a few reasons:

1)  We've moved to a generated password for the autoprovisioned jenkins server, but we don't currently have a good mechanism to inform users of  what the password is (they would have to go inspect the jenkins pod environment variables).  To avoid this confusion, we are (for now) preferring to have users deploy their own jenkins server from a provided template, which will immediately inform them of the generated password.

2)  The default behavior is to use ephemeral storage
​for the autoprovisioned jenkins server ​
to ensure it can work for clusters that do not yet have persistent volumes defined.  We want to ensure users are aware that they are getting ephemeral storage (or make an explicit choice not to have ephemeral storage) rather than risk users making assumptions about the persistence of the jenkins server that was created for them.

We intend to address both of these limitations in the near future and re-enable autoprovisioning, but for now if you need a Jenkins server in your project, you can deploy one manually by using either of these templates:

https://github.com/openshift/origin/blob/master/examples/jenkins/jenkins-ephemeral-template.json
https://github.com/openshift/origin/blob/master/examples/jenkins/jenkins-persistent-template.json

If you prefer to re-enable autoprovisioning, you can do so by modifying your cluster config as described here:

https://docs.openshift.org/latest/install_config/configuring_pipeline_execution.html

Ensure that "enabled" is set to true.

--
Ben Parees | OpenShift