Registry login with service account

Hi

I'm trying to use a service account to push images to the openshift registry.

I am able to login and push with a regular user token obtained from oc whoami -t. But that token expires after a while so I need a more permanent solution.

I created a service account and added the following roles: system:image-builder, system:registry, edit. I got the token out of the service account secret and logged in successfully to the openshift registry. However when I try to push an image to it I get 'unauthorized: authentication required'.

Sounds like it doesn't have the right permissions but I can't figure out why.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Lionel.