Re: Spurious warning when updating route without spec.host

Yes, please file a bug.

On Aug 31, 2016, at 4:08 AM, Pieter Nagel <pieter lautus net> wrote:

Given a route definition in yaml that omits the spec.host value, OpenShift will auto-generate a suitable host value, i.e. blah-project.apps.10.2.2.2.xip.io on the all-in-one VM.

That's great, because then I can write route definitions that work unchanged in the all-in-one VM and RedHat's OpenShift Online Preview.

But when I update the same, unchanged, route definition using 'oc apply -f', I get an ugly yellow warning triangle in the web console that says "Requested host undefined was rejected by the router. Reason: no host value was defined for the route".

Shouldn't the semantics here be: since you still didn't specify the host when you ran 'oc apply', you intend to keep on using the exact same host value that was autogenerated the first time round, nothing has changed and there's no error?

--
Pieter Nagel
Lautus Solutions (Pty) Ltd