Re: Creating new-app from image in openshift repository

On December 2, 2016 at 05:01:52, Thomas Diesler (tdiesler redhat com) wrote:
Folks,

I have a scenario where a maven build creates an image and pushes this to the local openshift docker repository. I’m then trying to use `oc new-app …` to create an application from that image. This fails because the image cannot be found on docker hub.

Is there a way to tell openshift to also look in it local repository where the image exists already?

Indeed!  From the help docs, you should run new-app like this:

  # Use a MySQL image in a private registry to create an app and override application artifacts' names

  oc new-app --docker-image=myregistry.com/mycompany/mysql

cheers
— thomas