authentication for oadm prune in cron job

We are able to delete old deployments + old images (also inside the registry) with our oadm prune commands.
We want to put this in cronjobs. But to perform oadm commands we need to be authenticated. Which is the best way to authenticate in a cron job?

At the moment we have 1 admin account (with cluster-admin permissions) + we have the system:admin account.

Do we need a new account (or service account) for our cronjobs and which permission would we need?

Thanks