Re: authentication for oadm prune in cron job

Were executing our prune commands with:

oadm prune images --keep-tag-revisions=20 --certificate-authority=/etc/docker/certs.d/service-ip-registy:5000/ca.crt --registry-url="" --confirm

The real problem for our cron-jobs is the authentication on openshift itself (before we can execute oadm). Do we really need to put oc login -u myuser .. + define the passwd hardcoded in our cronjob?

Van: Clayton Coleman <ccoleman redhat com>
Verzonden: maandag 5 december 2016 20:38:49
Aan: Srinivas Naga Kotaru (skotaru)
CC: Den Cowboy; users lists openshift redhat com
Onderwerp: Re: authentication for oadm prune in cron job

Prune has to connect to your registry server directly to delete blobs, and the registry does not support certificate based auth.  The most consistent path would be to use a service account that had the appropriate permissions and get its token with "oc serviceaccounts get-token".