Re: Which openshift instances need a public IP

Hi Den,

you may need internet connectivity. Public IPs is not a requirement for that (confer proxy and NAT). Another option is to install OpenShift disconnected. See: https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/3.3/install_config/install/disconnected_install.html.
Also, editing etc/hosts is not enough. You will require a proper DNS server (dnsmasq for instance) as the containers don't use /etc/hosts of the host for name resolution.

Regards,

Frédéric