From: users-bounces lists openshift redhat com [mailto:users-bounces lists openshift redhat com] On Behalf Of Den Cowboy
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2016 9:34 AM
To: Frederic Giloux <fgiloux redhat com>
Cc: users lists openshift redhat com
Subject: Re: Which openshift instances need a public IP

Thanks for your reply. Just the main goal we want to obtain is to keep our traffic from pod to pod (using routes, router, dns-wildcard) internal. So performing al this stuf on a private IP. Is that possible?

I just checked this blog: http://dustymabe.com/2016/12/07/installing-an-openshift-origin-cluster-on-fedora-25-atomic-host-part-1/#comment-42901

He is using public ip's + private ip's. Are the privates useful in this case?

We're able to use both and use and we can setup our own dns server but we don't want that our routes are going outside of our cluster. In public and than going back in the cluster.

So main goal: translations of routes through router should stay in the private network.
Is that possible?

Thanks