RE: Best way to use oc client

Den,

I use oc from a utility server that’s not part of the cluster, which any developer can access.  We keep oadm on a master openshift host, which is only accessible by openshift admins.  I don’t believe oc needs access to the kube config, or at least haven’t hit any commands for it yet. Oadm does though which is why we keep it on the master.

From: users-bounces lists openshift redhat com [mailto:users-bounces lists openshift redhat com] On Behalf Of Skarbek, John
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 9:22 AM
To: users lists openshift redhat com; Den Cowboy <dencowboy hotmail com>
Subject: Re: Best way to use oc client

Den,

I’m a fan limiting interactions with the cluster using specific roles and users to help with auditing purposes. A strategy I would recommend in your case would be to create users that have the specific permissions they need, and with a password they control. This will prevent your need to copy this configuration around everywhere.

--
John Skarbek