Re: Best way to use oc client

My understanding is that you don't need access to the kube config or anything like that as long as you stay away from the "oc adm" subcommand, and "oadm" is the same as "oc adm".  Anything else in "oc" should be fine.

Mind you, I'm just a user, not a developer, but I have been using OpenShift for nearly a year now and have yet to see anything that would suggest that I'm wrong about this.

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 10:01 AM, John Mazzitelli <mazz redhat com> wrote:
> I use oc from a utility server that’s not part of the cluster, which any
> developer can access. We keep oadm on a master openshift host, which is only
> accessible by openshift admins. I don’t believe oc needs access to the kube
> config, or at least haven’t hit any commands for it yet. Oadm does though
> which is why we keep it on the master.

But doesn't "oc" also have admin capabilities? I thought "oadm == oc admin" ??