Re: Replication Controller in pods

Very few people create pods directly - the docs say "replication
controller" but should really say "pods created directly cannot be
automatically evacuated".  All other pods (managed by Deployments,
Replication controllers, Daemon sets, Jobs, scheduled jobs, Builds,
Pet Sets, etc) can.

Evacuation means "deletion of the pod".  The pods are not moved.  So
someone has to be responsible for creating the pod again somewhere
else.