Router to external service

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a route to a service pointing to external endpoints.
The idea is to put a setup in place, pointing to an existing server, and remove the external endpoints to use a local pod once everything is ready on the openshift cluster.
ie:

route ==[to service]==> myservice ==[selector]==> empty ==[external endpoint]==> myserver

So far, I only get 503 No server is available to handle this request.

I guess the router is looking for at least one pod, and I'm screwed with that idea, right?

Thanks
Philippe