Issues with devicemapper - advice for the others

Hi,

We have encounter a big issue with our cluster: We tried to run a graylog server for a client inside a pod. The image graylog2/allinone seemed to be (almost) perfect for that (see my post "Replica ID in env" in the dev mailing-list).
After a few minutes, graylog stopped to processing messages. After a discussion with their dev team, it appeared devicemapper was the source of the problem.
We tried to increase the log level on graylog, and it generated even more I/O, resulting in ... nodes kernel panic.
We are evaluating the possibility of using btrfs or overlay instead.

Be careful with the ansible playbook, devicemapper is the default storage driver on redhat oses, and it's considered NOT ready for production (https://docs.docker.com/engine/userguide/storagedriver/selectadriver/). I can confirm that today...

Cheers
Philippe