Re: I am trying OpenShift origin, I cannot create application

older versions of oc new-app communicate (or attempt to communicate) directory with the dockerhub registry, which is probably why you're having a failure (it's not going through the docker daemon so it's not using the proxy you configured there).

The latest versions of oc new-app actually go through the openshift api server to do registry lookups, so if you're in a position to update to the latest client and master, you could try that.

Otherwise i'm not sure we currently have a way to configure a proxy for new-app to use when talking to a registry, unless the golang libraries implicitly support the semi-standard HTTP_PROXY/HTTPS_PROXY env variables.

Clayton do you happen to know?  I'm surprised this would be the first time this would come up.