Re: I am trying OpenShift origin, I cannot create application

Clayton,Ben

I am running the master in a container and I am running oc new-app
from within the container.

oc is v1.1.2. I pulled the origin container from docker hub on Tuesday.

# oc version
oc v1.1.2-103-g19b8323
kubernetes v1.2.0-origin

I notice https://hub.docker.com/r/openshift/origin/ was pushed 3 hours
ago and pulled it. It comes with a newer oc.

oc version
oc v1.1.2-223-g2ca50e6
kubernetes v1.2.0-origin

but it the issue remains.

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 12:49 AM, Clayton Coleman <ccoleman redhat com> wrote:
> You have to explicitly set HTTP proxy in the Go client code, so it's
> entirely possible that new-app is missing those.
>
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 1:36 PM, Ben Parees <bparees redhat com> wrote:
>> older versions of oc new-app communicate (or attempt to communicate)
>> directory with the dockerhub registry, which is probably why you're having a
>> failure (it's not going through the docker daemon so it's not using the
>> proxy you configured there).
>>
>> The latest versions of oc new-app actually go through the openshift api
>> server to do registry lookups, so if you're in a position to update to the
>> latest client and master, you could try that.
>>
>> Otherwise i'm not sure we currently have a way to configure a proxy for
>> new-app to use when talking to a registry, unless the golang libraries
>> implicitly support the semi-standard HTTP_PROXY/HTTPS_PROXY env variables.
>>
>> Clayton do you happen to know?  I'm surprised this would be the first time
>> this would come up.
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 10:29 AM, benjamin <benjaminrtz gmail com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying OO on a RHEL Atomic Host. I spun up OO master as a
>>> container following this guide
>>> https://docs.openshift.org/latest/getting_started/administrators.html
>>>
>>> After attaching a shell to the Master Container, I cannot deploy an
>>> app following the "Try it out" steps
>>>
>>> https://docs.openshift.org/latest/getting_started/administrators.html#try-it-out
>>>

>>> # oc new-app openshift/deployment-example
>>> error: can't look up Docker image "openshift/deployment-example":
>>> Internal  error occurred: Get https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/:
>>> net/htt p: request canceled while waiting for connection error: no
>>> match for "openshift/deployment-example"
>>>
>>> The 'oc new-app' command will match arguments to the following types:
>>>
>>> 1. Images tagged into image streams in the current project or the
>>> 'openshift' project
>>>  - if you don't specify a tag, we'll add ':latest'
>>> 2. Images in the Docker Hub, on remote registries, or on the local Docker
>>> engine
>>> 3. Templates in the current project or the 'openshift' project