Re: I am trying OpenShift origin, I cannot create application

Resolver referes to internal new-app code, the resolver is the code that tries to match your image name (openshift/deploymentexample) to something that exists in a dockerhub registry or is defined as an openshift imagestream.  In this case it's failing, probably because it can't reach the registry, probably because it's not using your proxy.