Re: accessing mysql from other pods

App means whatever you want it to mean.  Project is a container for
your stuff, app could be a single micro service, a two tier web app, a
hundred services and DCs, etc.

Everything in a project should be able to reach each other - however,
app code still needs to do something to "reach" the others.  That's
what the local DNS provides (each service is accessible via it's name
in each container, i.e. a service "db" is visible via "dig db" inside
of the container) and you can hit any of the ports you want.