Re: accessing mysql from other pods

Today the mechanism for bundling pieces together is to write a template (which is what that example uses) to help share configuration information between components (eg name of the database service, username/password).

in the future we intend to have a mechanism to allow you to link things together which will abstract some of that manual configuration.

but it will never be the case that everything in a project will be able to just cross-communicate, depending what information needs to be shared.  They can access each other, and for example today the _SERVICE_HOST env variable is automatically injected (though that is going to go away upstream), but for an application to know *which* service it should use for a DB, and what username/password to use, that will always require some explicit indication provided.