Re: accessing mysql from other pods

That all makes sense. However I'm seeing a bit of weird behaviour that I'd like to share:

Here's from my couchdb container terminal (the only one that has the 'ping' utility installed):

# ping mysql
PING mysql.test-demo.svc.cluster.local (172.30.143.100): 56 data bytes
--- mysql.test-demo.svc.cluster.local ping statistics ---
# ping mysql-test-demo.apps.example.world
PING mysql-test-demo.apps.example.world (167.114.241.106): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 167.114.241.106: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=0.113 ms
64 bytes from 167.114.241.106: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.120 ms
--- mysql-test-demo.apps.example.world ping statistics ---
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 0.113/0.116/0.120/0.000 ms

i.e. if I ping mysql (the name of my db service), it looks like some dns service will expand that to the full mysql.test-demo.svc.cluster.local  URL but that address won't be reached. The dns-mapped address, however, does work as expected (ping succeeds)... What's probably wrong with my setup? How can I start to debug it?

Cheers,

Candide