Create app with image from own docker registry on OpenShift 3.1

I have my own docker registry secured with a selfsigned certificate. On other servers, I'm able to login on the registry and pull/push images from it. So that seems to work fine.
But when I want to create an app from the image using OpenShift it does not seem te work:
oc new-app ec2-xxx:5000/test/image1
error: can't look up Docker image "ec2-xx/test/image1": Internal error occurred: Get https://ec2-xxx:5000/v2/: x509: certificate signed by unknown authority
error: no match for "ec2-xxx:5000/test/image1"
What could be the issue? I'm able to login in the registry and pull the image manually.