Re: Environment variable in OpenShift

OK, then I think the problem is with Apache. I do remember it has some module that requires the variables
to be explicitly listed in config file.

I created this issue: https://github.com/openshift/sti-php/issues/83 so you can track the fix.

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 12:50 PM, Lorenz Vanthillo <lorenz vanthillo outlook com> wrote:
Hi,

I tried just the same with a new variable: MYVAR. This is no reserved variable. But also this seems not to work.

From: mfojtik redhat com
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 12:30:06 +0100
Subject: Re: Environment variable in OpenShift
To: lorenz vanthillo outlook com
CC: users lists openshift redhat com

I think this is because USER is reserved variable (it contains the name of the user that runs the container).
Since in OpenShift the container is running as random UID and the PHP image does not have nss_wrapper
to assign a "name" to the random UID, that variable is empty. We can add nss_wrapper to the image to
populate that var.