Re: Multi Clusters : Token management

Srinivas Naga Kotaru (skotaru) wrote on 02/19/2016 09:48 PM:
I don’t see any client cert based authentication but have seen “Request Header” based auth.It seems essentially sending to remote proxy server which does the authentication and authorization. Let me explore on this.

ops, sorry, wrong link. Here's where x.509 auth is mentioned:

https://docs.openshift.org/latest/architecture/additional_concepts/authentication.html

A quick search didn't yield more detailed instructions. Hopefully somebody else chimes in.

In the meantime, you can try things out by doing this:
1. ssh to your cluster master
2. find system:admin users's kubeconfig (/root/.kube/config or /openshift.local.config/master/admin.kubeconfig are two common locations) 3. this file is using certificate auth. You can inspect how it is done and where the root CA is configured in