add nodes on-the-fly

I now have the 7 pods of my application running and easily deployable. Next is learning how to scale it. Being able to multiply pods is great but it doesn't help if you only have one low-performance machine to deploy them on. My provider (ovh) makes it super easy to add vps's with various cpu/ram characteristics.

How can I turn them into nodes and make sure that pods are getting deployed to them?

Is it possible to create a server, use ansible to turn it into a node and then decide exactly which pods will run on it?