Re: Running applications that dont use LB

You can also use NodePorts to expose a port on each node (which you
can then make HA with the IPFailover plugin).  We don't yet support
service loadbalancers in a non cloud environment, but that's something
if you were sufficiently motivated you could build yourself.
https://github.com/kubernetes/contrib/tree/master/service-loadbalancer
is very close to that, although it's not exact.