Re: Run extra docker registry on OpenShift Origin 1.1

Hey Den,

For the first part, "Now is my question how I'm able to start
this registry in OpenShift."

You're able to make a configuration change make to systemd init
files for the docker registry to point to a registry other than
'registry.access.redhat.com', and then restart the docker
service.

However, pulling images from a registry outside of Red Hat
approved images is not technically supported.

As in, if images from your registry begins to act up and they
are not 'blessed' or considered a certified container image,
then you'll be on your technically own with regard to
troubleshooting.

Anyways, take a look at the following 'EnvironmentFile' properties
from the docker.service file, specifically the
'/etc/sysconfig/docker' conf file.

$ cat /usr/lib/systemd/system/docker.service

<------------------------------------------------

[Unit]
Description=Docker Application Container Engine
Documentation=http://docs.docker.com
After=network.target
Wants=docker-storage-setup.service

[Service]
Type=notify
EnvironmentFile=-/etc/sysconfig/docker
EnvironmentFile=-/etc/sysconfig/docker-storage
EnvironmentFile=-/etc/sysconfig/docker-network
Environment=GOTRACEBACK=crash
ExecStart=/usr/bin/docker daemon $OPTIONS \
          $DOCKER_STORAGE_OPTIONS \
          $DOCKER_NETWORK_OPTIONS \
          $ADD_REGISTRY \
          $BLOCK_REGISTRY \
          $INSECURE_REGISTRY
LimitNOFILE=1048576
LimitNPROC=1048576
LimitCORE=infinity
MountFlags=slave
TimeoutStartSec=1min
Restart=on-failure

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Thank you for your valued time and hope this helps.

-Mike