How to distribute an image in OpenShift cluster

I've a big OpenShift Origin 1.1 cluster with many nodes. Now I've pulled an image from an insecure registry (self-signed certificates) on one of the nodes. I can perform the oc new-app command to start the image and the application. The problem appears when I try to scale.
The scaling itself is going fine but the new containers are all on the same node from where I've pulled the image.
I thought the problem was the following: I'm creating a new app from an existing docker image. So because there is no s2i-build it's not necessary to build a new image and more important: it's not necessary to push this image into the OpenShift registry.

So other nodes aren't able to pull the image when I try to scale because it's not in the registry. It's only locally on one of my nodes.
How is it possible to solve this problem? I tried to push my image into the openshift registry manually. This was possible but after scaling the container is still recreated on that same node where the image already is.

I was reading about image streams but I don't know if that will solve my problem. When I will try to create an image stream on my image, will the image stream be known over the whole cluster-environment?