Re: Help debug "oc login" returning "401" / certificate issues

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 5:03 PM, Florian Daniel Otel <florian otel gmail com> wrote:
Hi Jason,

Kindest thanks for trying to help.

In order

1) Indeed, the "lb" host is configured (via dnsmasq) as a DNS forwarder, has the correct "/etc/hosts" (which is propagated to all the other hosts in the cluster), and all hosts have an entry pointing to it in the "/etc/resolv.conf"

2) A bit puzzled wrt "system:node" vs "system:anonymous"....

I've just test the corresponding curl call on another system where everything work as expected (at least so far...)  and the response I get back from a GET to " /api/v1/namespaces" still refers to "system:anonymous" , and not "system:node"

Also, to make things even more weird, if I copy the node "kubeconfig" in the ".kube/config" I am identified accordingly (i.e. as "system:node") when doing an "oc whoami"

I'm probably missing something with the way that the node identifies itself when using client certificate authentication, I'm seeing the same behavior on a system I have that is functioning as expected.

3) Thanks for pointing out that specifying "HTTP_PROXY" / "HTTPS_PROXY" and resp "NO_PROXY" is not yet possible via the Ansible installer.

My  remaining question is: Is there any way to debug the authentication process / why the "oc login" with "httpasswd" back end doesn't work ?

You will most likely need to increase the logging level to see authentication logs for the api service. In /etc/sysconfig/atomic-openshift-master-api. increasing the loglevel to 4 should provide output around the authentication failure.

Thanks again,

/Florian