Using Persistent Volume

Title: HTML podpis
Hello,

Lately I have been struggling with use of persistent volumes in OpenShift.
I am using ceph pv, but i think the problem is same with anything that uses block devices.

Not a single pre-created image works, because  all volumes are mounted with root owner and group and with 0755 permissions.  Non-root user can not write there and all Openshift images uses no-nroot users for services (apache, databases etc.).  At this point I am not even sure which technology is the actual issue. First I thought it was kubernetes but then i also found this issue with docker on github:
https://github.com/docker/docker/issues/2259

Does anybody found any workaround this? (NFS is different so anything from nfs work probably work)
I found it kinda interesting that it actually does not work. Looks like nobody tested it at all.

--

Vaclav Rozsypalek

Linux System Administrator

Master Internet, s.r.o.

Email:

Office: Cejl 20, 602 00  Brno

Web | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Linkedin

MasterDC Praha | Kodaňská 46, 101 00  Praha 10

MasterDC Brno | Cejl 20, 602 00  Brno

Support: +420 515 919 805