Re: Running commands

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 4:05 PM, Alejandro Nieto Boza <ale90nb gmail com> wrote:
Hi Rodolfo,

The Persistent Volume point to "/srv/vol1"

My target was:
- Create the directory /var/mysql/${SERVICE}
- Configure the MYSQL_DATADIR in /var/mysql/${SERVICE}
- Mount the one volume in /var/mysql/

Then, one volume store the different MYSQL_DATADIR and I can identify them. So I wanted to change the MYSQL_DATADIR

With this configuration the path is different in each case and they won't get mounted in /var/mysql/data in every container like you say to me.

Hmmm normally I'd think of one PV per MySQL instance.
Then the PV can be backed by /srv/vol1/mysql1, and the mountPath in the pod template will be /var/mysql/data.

We might want to get input from our storage team to see what's the recommended strategy here.

--
Rodolfo Carvalho

OpenShift Developer Experience