serviceaccount edit role

In my installer container I need to use oc command and I have figured out the how to specify deployer or default service account to the pod [1]

The issue is I have to manually grant the built-in deployer/default SA edit role or it wouldn't be able to see its own project.

<terminal output>

Logged into "https://openshift-master1:8443"; as "system:serviceaccount:foo:default" using the token provided.

error: You are not a member of project "jdoe".
You are not a member of any projects. You can request a project to be created with the 'new-project' command.

</terminal output>

Is there a away to get around this? As a cluster admin I want users to create new projects and deploy my apps without having to go to the CLI to run "oadm policy..."

[1] ServiceAccounts docs
https://docs.openshift.com/enterprise/3.0/admin_guide/service_accounts.html