Re: OSE v3.1 Ansible advanced install failure-- no SDN plugin (resend)

Hello again,

Was wondering if there are any updates wrt support for OpenShift SDN on GCE-based setup.

As per below, OpenShift SDN is not deployed when the environment is hosted in GCE.

As per Jason original mail, I've used the playbooks as now avail in the https://github.com/openshift/openshift-ansible repo

However, there is no "gcefixes" branch in that repo:

[root ose-v31-master1 openshift-ansible]# git branch -a
  master
* remotes/origin/revert-641-gce-support
  remotes/origin/HEAD -> origin/master
  remotes/origin/int
  remotes/origin/master
  remotes/origin/next
  remotes/origin/prod
  remotes/origin/revert-513-zbxupdates
  remotes/origin/revert-586-kubernetes_service_certificate
  remotes/origin/revert-641-gce-support
  remotes/origin/revert-646-master
  remotes/origin/stg
[root ose-v31-master1 openshift-ansible]#

Please advise.  I really need to get _one_ setup working -- either GCE (here) or AWS (see my other email earlier today)...

Thanks,

/Florian

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 7:49 PM, Jason DeTiberus <jdetiber redhat com> wrote:

On Dec 14, 2015 11:50 AM, "Florian Daniel Otel" <florian otel gmail com> wrote:

> Hello again Jason, all
>
> Thanks for the advice -- only running the playbooks as in the repo sounds like the sane alternative.
>
> I've now uninstalled OSE, cloned the repo, and re-run the playbooks from the GitHub repo as follows:

Did you make sure to use the gceFixes branch?

Did you happen to run this against the same hosts as a previous run?

> ansible-playbook -vvvv /usr/src/openshift-ansible/playbooks/byo/config.yml | tee ansible-run-20151214-v3
>
> (as the above suggests, the "openshift-ansible" GitHub repo was cloned under "/usr/src")
>
> However, still no joy -- no SDN installed, no openvSwitch packages or configuration in sight, on any of the nodes.
>
> The log (512 KB large)  from the above run I have uploaded (after some sanitization) at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8a5iv1k3rr25grx/ansible-run-20151214-v3--public?dl=0
>
> The ansible "hosts" file is the same as in the original post -- see https://gist.github.com/FlorianOtel/5e1290cedf7cea386868
>
> Any suggestions ? Does the GCE setup requires invoking a different YAML config file ?

No, the host detection and defaults are set in the openshift_facts role. The gce playbooks provide a way (unsupported) to launch gce instances in addition to configuration.

> Alternatively: Is it the same on AWS ? If yes / less headaches I could try that (but rather do it as a last resort...;)

AWS has always defaulted to configuring the SDN, so it is indeed a possible alternative.

I'm cc'ing Andrew to see if he can spot anything I'm missing, since I won't be in front of a computer until Wed.