Re: Running commands

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 10:29 AM, Rodolfo Carvalho <rcarvalh redhat com> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 4:05 PM, Alejandro Nieto Boza <ale90nb gmail com> wrote:
Hi Rodolfo,

The Persistent Volume point to "/srv/vol1"

My target was:
- Create the directory /var/mysql/${SERVICE}
- Configure the MYSQL_DATADIR in /var/mysql/${SERVICE}
- Mount the one volume in /var/mysql/

Then, one volume store the different MYSQL_DATADIR and I can identify them. So I wanted to change the MYSQL_DATADIR

With this configuration the path is different in each case and they won't get mounted in /var/mysql/data in every container like you say to me.

Hmmm normally I'd think of one PV per MySQL instance.

That's certainly what users probably want.

However if you are deploying all the instances with a single deployment (and thus RC) there is currently no way to specify this. Each volume specified is shared by all instances. There is work ongoing to make this possible, but right now you'd need a different DC/RC per instance so you could specify the different volume.

Whether scaling MySQL instances from a single RC (using the OP's clever scheme) is going to actually do what you want is a good question to ask.

Then the PV can be backed by /srv/vol1/mysql1, and the mountPath in the pod template will be /var/mysql/data.

We might want to get input from our storage team to see what's the recommended strategy here.

--
Rodolfo Carvalho

OpenShift Developer Experience