openshift v3 on centos 7 won't use its own domain

I installed OSv3 on a virtual server running centOS 7, set up the router and added DNS records to point both a subdomain and *.subdomain to the server's IP. I can access the server using the subdomain but then I'm immediately redirected to the authentication dialog and from then on OpenShift will always use the server's IP. If try to replace the IP with the subdomain, I get immediately redirected to the auth dialog again.

I installed fabric8 as well but because of this I am unable to access its console.

Where should I look into to fix this?

Candide