Re: almost there

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 1:12 PM, Candide Kemmler
<candide intrinsic world> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For the record, I want to field-test using OpenShift Origin together with
> fabric8 for the deployment of a prototype application for a client. I am
> almost fully set up.
>
> I have a few remaining head-scratchers for which I would really appreciate
> some help.
>
> - I couldn't find a way to create a one-server-install with the ansible
> provisioning scripts (which are great); did I miss something?

I don't believe this is an option today.  We typically recommend the
quick install in that path.

> both questions below refer to the prerequisites page.
>
> - In the current configuration (one master + 1 node), it looks like all the
> workload will go the node, leaving the master relatively lightweight. Does
> it mean that in a master/node setup, on can reserve less RAM for the master
> then the required 8Gb? In other words, the 8Gb that are mentioned in the
> requirements, do they stand for the minimum total required memory for a
> cluster or is it a -per node requirement?

Masters running 1 node should not require more than 1GB.

> - I realized that last time I didn't execute the required pre-installation
> steps (which include setting up docker for instance) but this didn't seem to
> pose any problems. Should I scratch everything and start over? One worrying
> aspect is this thing about docker storage, which I don't really get...

Docker storage is a performance thing (the default is incredibly
slow).  I don't know if you have to scratch it and start over - you
can selectively apply those steps to each host as you go in most
cases.