https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CncN3wXCxus&feature=youtu.be

Cheers,
Chris

On Jan 14, 2016, at 10:05 AM, Matt Wringe <mwringe redhat com> wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Skarbek" <jskarbek rallydev com>
To: "users" <users lists openshift redhat com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 6:01:02 PM
Subject: Application Level Metrics?

Can anyone speak up and provide some level of detail as to how they approach
the problem of collecting and reporting on metrics provided by their
applications? Or perhaps red hat has some recommended way of doing such?

Application level metrics is in the OpenShift roadmap, but unfortunately it is not something that we have a solution for right now.

I ask as the solution our company has built in the past is very strict and
tied to hosts. Previously, applications lived on specific hosts. So it was
easy to build a solution that grabbed metrics from a node. Now with
kubernetes, applications live on multiple nodes and can easily move around
to other nodes. This removes our ability to continue using the old solution.
I'm curious how people in the community might have implemented any such
solution.

--

John Skarbek

Infrastructure Engineer